Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cereal Box Makeover: Mail Holder



I needed a space-saving holder of some sort to put the mail in (you know, all the stuff that piles up until someone pays the bills and throws out all the junk mail!), and figured I could make one cheaper than I could buy one, so...

I had seen some cute cereal box makeovers like this one with directions here, and decided to try it for myself.

I took a large, empty cereal box.
I cut it an an angle to shape it like one of those plastic file holders you can get at an office supply store.
I hot glued brown and white polka dot paper onto it (it's actually a paper placemat that was left over from my daughter's owl-themed birthday party).

I finished the raw edges off by hot gluing some red grosgrain ribbon on.

I added a tag to the front.

All set!
And it even matches my menu planning board and the cute second edition menu planning board that I made for a sweet relative of mine. (pictured below).



No comments:

Post a Comment